Delbert G. Green was born in Kentucky, January 11, 1903 and came to Colorado Springs in 1919. He served in the United States Army for about one year and joined the local fire department in 1924, shortly after receiving his discharge from the army. He was named Captain on January 3, 1950. He served as Captain of the No. 1 Fire Station for 2 years and for the year before he retired, he was Captain of the No. 2 Fire Station. Green retired in 1953 after 29 years of service. This collection documents his time with the Colorado Springs Fire Department showing both life in a fire station and on scene fighting fires.